Apr 5, 2009

First Two Copies of Career Success Without a Real Job Worth $410




On April 4 I donated 2 copies of Career Success Without a Real Job to the One Child's Village Fundraiser and Charity Auction .

The copies had been Fed Exed from Transcontinental Printing in Quebec so that I could have them in time for the Event.

The organizers were going to give the two copies out as door prizes but I insisted that they include the copies in the live auction, which was going to have only one main item.

The main item of a Edmonton Oilers toy box with a lot of goodies brought in $225.

I suggested to the organizers that they auction my books so that the highest bidder would get the first copy which I would autograph and designate as the Number 1 copy.

The second highest bidder would get the second copy which I would autograph and designate as the Number 2 Copy.

Guess what? Copy #1 sold for $210; Copy #2 sold for $200.

Final Result: My two copies of Career Success Without a Real Job brought in a total of $410, which was more than the main live aution item or any other of the items in the silent auction.

No comments: