I first learned about 1982 Latour from Kevin O'Leary when he wrote about his drinking this fine wine at Grille 23 in Boston.
Kevin in his 2008 Globe and Mail article about Hedge Fund Madness indicated that legend has it that you don't get a hangover from 1982 Latour, regardless of how much you drink.
That is not why I added it to my retirement plan, however. (Incidentally, this fine wine starts out at about $1,600 a bottle in liquor stores.)
I added the experience of drinking a bottle of 1982 Latour while having a fine meal at Grille 23 in Boston in exchange for an hour coaching session with me to my retirement plan because it is one of those "unreasonable goals" that I want to achieve before I die.
I have added a number of goals that other people would consider unreasonable to my retirement plan and you should do the same with your retirement plan.
Another of my goals is to create a Blue Porsche Boxster S from side projects with my paying cash for it. (I don't believe in financing cars because this is playing on really low level of intention.)
Here are a few more items that I have included in my retirement plan:
- Write the book Life's Secret Handbook (for Being Great Instead of Ordinary)
- Hire a V.A. (Virtual Assistant) and a G.W. (Ghost Writer)
- Live in Hawaii for 2 months during one winter.
- Independently publish my books Look Ma, Life's Easy and Life's Secret Handbook and create bestsellers out of both of them.
- Get a book published by Workman Publishing.
- Publish the book Life's Secret Handbook for Having Great Friends and sell 500,000 copies on the Friendship Cafe.
- Travel to Prague, Buenos Aires, Paris, and Boston.
- Sell over 1,000,000 copies of my books (I have sold over 650,000 copies of my books so far).
- Generate an income of over $300,000 a year for 5 years straight.
- Sell over 500,000 copies of How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free (This book has sold over 125,000 copies so far)
- Make $1 million dollars as an Internet marketing expert.
- Own a winter home in San Diego, Ensenada, or Hawaii
I hope my retirement plan helps you formulate an exciting retirement plan with many "unreasonable goals" in it as well.
Note: Have you noticed that my retirement plan does not include winning the lottery (the retirement plan for dummies)?