- You can spend winter in Florida, Arizona, or Hawaii.
- You don’t have to wait for a bus on a subzero January morning.
- You get to set your own agenda.
- You have fewer headaches because life is simpler.
- You can have a lot more variety in your life.
- You don’t have to report to a boss about your actions.
- You can go on a vacation when you want to go and not when your employer says you can.
- You have more time for more friends in your life.
- You can put more time into creative pursuits.
- There are no co-workers to get envious of your accomplishments.
Clearly, retirement can be the best time of your life. Always keep in mind that you are not retiring from life, just a job. The key is to make retirement the beginning of life, not the end!
Retirement Quotes of the Day
A gold watch is the most appropriate gift for retirement, as its recipients have given up so many of their golden hours in a lifetime of service.
— Harry Mahtar
A happy retirement: Research reveals it's how you manage your time and money that counts, not just how much you've got.
— Walter Updegrave, MONEY Magazine senior editor