Apr 29, 2009

The Joy of Not Working While Unemployed at 38


Here is the latest e-mail that I received about my international bestseller The Joy of Not Working which has now sold over 225,000 copies and has been published in 17 languages (soon 18 with a Bulgarian edition to be released in the next year).


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Gunther B.
    To: vip-books (at) telus.net
    Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 11:16 PM
    Subject:
    The Joy of Not Working



    Hi
    Ernie

    I bought your book
    The Joy of Not Working today at Value Village here in Calgary (a signed copy too!). It's an amazing coincidence, in that I was laid off from Shell Canada (Oilsands) yesterday; I'm only 38.

    Anyway, I can't see myself working again for such a top-heavy, beaurocratic monstrocity again. They really do not care about you the individual. I put in a lot of effort and contribution to the project and this is what I get in return. These huge bohemoths boast about their record profits every year, but they have no problem letting go the worker-bees (who make them their profits).

    Anyway, I started reading your book tonight and it's great! Just what I needed, thanks. I'm so excited about continuing with it tomorrow.

    Thanks so much for your insight and open-mindedness.

    Best regards
    Gunther

Go to this webpage for some tell-tale signs that you should be reading Career Success Without a Real Job:


No comments: