Nov 4, 2009

Time for Retirement But Scared and Nervous about Retiring


This is my latest e-mail from a reader of one of my books:

    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Ernie Zelinski
    Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:45 PM
    Subject: How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free

    Dear Ernie,

    I bought your retirement book a few months ago after I gave my six-month notice at work. I have been too inundated at the office to contemplate the huge change that's about to occur. Buying your book and reading it in advance was the smartest thing I could have done.

    I've been trying to soak up every page, although I may need some re-soaking once I cross the finish line. Your book has been extraordinarily helpful, and I want to thank you so much for writing it.

    I'm starting to get scared and nervous, despite the book's encouragement and affirmation of my own thoughts. I've never taken a leap into the unknown before, and your words have given me a little courage for a decision that I struggled with for several years.

    I wish one of your [retirement] resources was a newly-retired support group. Perhaps your next book could be a bit more geared towards women, as my only complaint was that it was somewhat male-oriented. I just wrote a review on Amazon and gave you five stars, which you were on the brink of anyway. Good luck on your future writing which I'm looking forward to reading. You have another devoted fan.

    Joan

This was my reply:

    Hello Joan:

    Thank you for your e-mail and your kind words about How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free.

    I normally ask people who e-mail me with kind words like this to put a review of the book on Amazon.com and I try to bribe them by offering them a complimentary signed copy of one of my other books.

    Since you have already placed a great review on Amazon.com, all I need is your full name and your address.

    Come to think of it, if this is possible, can you also try to place the same review on Barnes and Noble.com.

    In any event, once you send me your address, I will send you a copy of my latest book Career Success Without a Real Job (a Free E-book with sample material is attached) given that you have indicated in your pen name on Amazon.com that you want to be a writer.

    Many thanks and so long for now,

    Ernie J. Zelinski
    Author, Innovator, and Unconventional Career Expert
    Author of the Bestseller How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 110,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages)
    and the International Bestseller The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 225,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)


Check out my Latest websites:


No comments: