Jul 5, 2010

Advertising on My Many Retirement Websites

I get a lot of inquiries from people wanting to advertise on my many retirement websites.

Here is one I received recently.
    From: Brooke Allen
    To: Ernie Zelinski
    Sent: Wed, April 21, 2010 7:02:45 PM
    Subject: Brief question about retirement-cafe.com

    Hello Ernie,

    Would you consider placing a promotional link on your webpage: Retire Happy?

    The link would be for a website which has art schools and college reviews as its main keywords.

    I have a limited budget, but I am hoping there is a reasonable price we could arrange since it's just a tiny piece of screen real estate I'm interested in.

    Please let me know if you're open to this, and if not I appreciate your time and wish you the best of luck with your site.

    Thank You!

    Brooke Allen

    Better Link Advertising
This was my response:

    From: Ernie Zelinski
    To: Brooke
    Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:07 AM
    Subject: Re: Brief question about retirement-cafe.com

    Hello Brooke:

    Interestingly, your inquiry was the third I received on Wednesday about advertising on my retirement websites.

    I want to commend you for naming the particular website, the particular webpage, and the nature of your link. (Some people are really secretive about what they would like.)

    If you check the Inspiration to Help You Enjoy More Leisure on The Joy of Not Working website, you will see a link for "blackjack" for which I am being paid $130 for the year.

    Similarly I already have one text-based ad on The Retirement Cafe on the Fun Things to Do In Retirement webpage for which I was paid $110 for a year.

    I can place a link for you on the Retire Happy webpage for a similar price.

    One Note: The Fun Things to Do In Retirement webpage gets five times as much traffic as the Retire Happy webpage ont The Retirement Cafe.

    So you may want to place your ad on the Fun Things to Do In Retirement webpage instead. I can place your ad near the top if your website and the text is something that I approve of.

    Also you may want to consider my Retirement Jobs webpage on The Real Success Resource Center.

    The Retirement Jobs webpage gets about three times as much traffic as the Retire Happy webpage on the Retirement Cafe and usually comes in the number 4 to 7 spot on Google for a "retirement jobs" search ahead of my other Unreal Jobs for Retirement and my Squidoo Retirement Jobs webpages.
    Anyway, let me know what you would like to pay and where you would like to place the ad and I will make the decision.

    Many thanks and so long for now,

    Ernie J. Zelinski
    The Creativity Guy Too Prosperous to Do Mornings
    Best-Selling Author, Innovator, and Unconventional Career Expert
    Author of the Bestseller, How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 125,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages)
    and the International Bestseller The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 250,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

    The Retirement Quotes Cafe
Incidentally, I never heard back from this person. I think that a reply would be a decency that anyone with a little bit of integrity and excellence would expend.

No comments: