Dec 13, 2010

Book Marketing - Learn from the Best


Due to the success of my book How to Retire Happy, Wild and Free, I occassionally get e-mails from authors of other books including retirement books wanting me to give them my secrets for book marketing including my viral marketing techniques.

Here is an e-mail that I recently sent to one of the authors;


    Julie:

    If you want to be more successful at book marketing, just be different than everyone else with your marketing and question what everyone else is doing. Create opportunity from situations where no one sees any.

    See this great blog post by Bob Baker about book marketing.

    I couldn't have said this any better myself in a hundred years.

    Also, read my comment at the bottom of Bob's post.

    Pay partcular attention to the point of how much I respect John Reese for killing his Facebook Account with 5,000 so-called "Friends" and his Twitter account with 25,000 followers, I agree with John that social media has to be the biggest time waster for most people. It will also contribute to why most people will never write a book, let alone spend time doing some true creative marketing.

    But the most important thing is to learn from the best.

    My hero and mentor is Brendon Burchard, from whom I have taken both his Partnership Program and his Experts Academy Program. I will be using both to increase the sales of my books, particulary How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free so that it reaches 500,000 copies sold.

    Brendon actually got $500,000 in Sponsorship for his second book before the book was even written.

    I could also tell you about Eben Pagan and John Reese from whom I have taken incredible programs and from whom I also have learned a lot, but I find that most people are not prepared to pay for their programs. So often my advice is wasted. These two quotes are relevant:


      If small money does not go out, big money will not come in.
      — Chinese proverb

      People that pay for things never complain. It's the guy you give something to [for free] that you can't please.
      — Will Rogers

    In short, Brendon is the best teacher out there and offers incredible value. If you want to learn some amazing things, take his Experts Academy Program. If you want to be like the majority, then just forget about it and settle for mediocre results. Spend your time looking for the meaning of life instead of book marketing.

    Ernie J. Zelinski
    Best-Selling Author, Innovator, and Creativity Consultant
    Author of the Bestseller How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 125,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages)
    and the International Bestseller The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 250,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

No comments: