Feb 6, 2011

Retirement: The Joy of Not Working


I received the following e-mail recently:


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: ann alice
    To: vipbooks
    Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:19 PM
    Subject: The Joy of Not Working

    Dear Ernie Zelinski,

    I am taking this opportunity to thank you for your books, The Joy of Not Working, and The Joy of Thinking BIG.

    I am Mrs. Annamma Thomas, staying in Edmonton since almost five months on a visitor visa. My daughter and her family settled here. My daughter encouraged me to read the The Joy of Not Working because I got only another four years of service. I am working in INDIA and citizen of that country.

    I loved your book and my daughter already gifted me a copy of the same. I am leaving to my country next week.

    I have a question about the creativity. most of your examples and letters are focused on North American context.

    But the developing country like ours could be difficult I think. The most liked subject from the book 'the joy of thinking big" is what a difference being different Make's [this chapter I liked].

    After reading The Joy of Not Working, I started writing my biography, also I am already getting ready about the retirement. (Kindly excuse my English.)

    Hope you will reply.

    Thank you very much,

    Annamma Thomas.
This was my response:


    Hello Annamma:

    I am glad that you liked The Joy of Not Working and The Joy of Thinking Big

    In regards to applying creativity, I think it can be applied in any country, although companies are known to suppress creative individuals, regardless of where the companies are located.

    I am glad that The Joy of Not Working has spurred you to action.

    For the record, although the two books have similarities, How to Retire Happy, Wild and Free is the better retirement book.

    Thanks for writing to me.

    So long for now,

    Ernie J. Zelinski
    Best-Selling Author, Innovator, and Creativity Consultant
    Author of the Bestseller How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 125,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages)
    and the International Bestseller The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 250,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

No comments: