Aug 8, 2011

How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free as a Kindle Ebook?



I just received another inquiry about whether How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free will be available as a Kindle ebook.


Here it is:


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Rainer Zinn"
    To: vip-books
    Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:49 AM
    Subject: Kindle

    Ernie,

    A friend told me about your book. I'd love to read it .... I am at that juncture (few weeks away from turning 60 and the financial planners tell me that I am financially ready to retire from active corporate life, after 40 years) where your book could be of great help.

    I am writing to ask for you to publish it on Kindle ... I have stopped carrying paper books for over a couple of years.

    Thank you!
    Rainer Zinn

This was my response:


    Hello Rainer:

    I have not as yet had How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free or any of my books published on ebooks for the Kindle because the Kindle is not all that conducive to my books. Most of my books are hard to format for the Kindle and would definitely lose a lot of impact versus the paper edition.

    One of the most important retirement planning tools in How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free is The Get-a-Life Tree, which is not available in any other retirement books, and why my book outsells all other retirement books and has sold over 140,000 copies. The Get-a-Life Tree, which helps people identify fun things to do in retirement, will be very hard to format properly and present properly in the Kindle.

    I may eventually publish some of my books on the Kindle including How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free if Amazon ever comes up with a way of neatly incorporating diagrams and quotations on the sides of the pages as are presented in the paper edition.

    Thanks and so long for now,

    Ernie Zelinski
    Best-Selling Author, Innovator, and Prosperity Life Coach
    Author of the Bestseller How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 140,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages)
    and the International Bestseller The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 250,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

No comments: