Sep 2, 2009

It Took Me 20 Years to Become an Overnight Success


This month is 20 years since I published my first book called The Art of Seeing Double or Better in Business.
I self-published this book on creativity after the book was turned down by over 30 Canadian, American, and British publishers.
Since then my books have sold over 625,000 copies and I am published in 20 languages in 27 different langauges.
As the saying goes, "It took me 20 years to become an overnight success."
Funny thing, I still have to self-publish because publishers still turn me down.
Readers like my books but many publisher don't.
Here is the latest e-mail I received from Alex Vieira Silveira in Brazil about one of my books:


    ----- Original Message ----- From: Alex Vieira Silveira To: vip books (at) telus ( dot) net

    Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 9:55 PM Subject: To Ernie Zelinski Hi! My name is Alex and Im sending this email from my job. Im reading a book of yours The Lazy Person's Guide to Success  and Im almost changing my entire life. [ I am hopefully helping to find a successful retirement job even if I don't need it and enjoying the retirement quotes ] As you say in the book I used to live under the culture of "a hard work will make you a sucess man" but I never really liked it and recently I've discovered that I dont even like what I do. Im studying what I like and doing this job at home, and the ideas appeared from nowhere showing me how to pay my debt of R$5000 in 2 months, so Im thankful =) Very thanks Ernie )
Here two of my new webpages on my websites:

Funny Friendship Quote and Sayings

Paper Lossess Are Real Losses, Stupid!

No comments: