Jun 23, 2008

Rewards from Writing "101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting"

I will be the first one to admit that I am not a great writer. As I have indicated previously, by the time I realized how bad of a writer I was, I was too successful to quit.

In spite of my bad writing, it still has resulted in hundreds of positive letters, e-mails, and phone calls about my books from readers. This is one of the magical rewards that come with being a writer — knowing that people are benefiting from your books.

Here is an e-mail that I just received from Deepal Peiris in Sri Lanka.

Note: Here are some other chapter titles from 101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting,


  • One true friend is worth more than 10,000 superficial ones.

  • Good deeds are seldom remembered; bad deeds are seldom forgotten.

  • The surest way to failure is trying to please everyone.

  • Your past is always going to be the way it was - so stop trying to change it.

  • A walk or run in nature is the best medicine for many of your ailments.

  • The shortcut to being truly fit and trim is long-term rigorous action.

  • Compromising your integrity for money, power, or fame will come back to haunt you.

  • If the grass on the other side of the fence is greener, try watering your side.

  • No matter how successful you become, the size of your funeral will still depend on the weather.

  • Be happy while you are alive because you are a long time dead.



Mothers Day Gift Image


Purchase 101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting (Vipbooks) at:

101 Really Important Things at Amazon.com

or:

101 Really Important Things at BarnesandNoble.com

No comments: