Forget the financial crisis out there and how much your retirement funds have gone down.
Enjoy your retirement instead. Here are some ways:
- The failure of your imagination — total seizure, in fact — in the workplace for so many years can be replaced it with mental playfulness, natural curiosity, and an eagerness to learn how to enjoy leisure like never before.
- You no longer have to worry about being laid off and how you are going to break the news to your spouse.
- You can tell your younger working friends, "You know that Social Security deduction they keep taking out of your paycheck? Well, it's going to pay for my retirement and there may be nothing left for you when you retire."
- You can be busier than ever — wondering how you every had time to go to work.
- You can now wear a Retirement T-shirt from Cafe Press announcing: Retired: So I just have to do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
- Read How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free.