Mar 2, 2011

Advertising on My Retirement Websites


I get quite a few inquiries about advertising on my many retirement quotes websites. This one started with an inquiry about the Money Cafe:


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: chris l.
    To: vipbooks
    Sent: Mon, February 28, 2011 5:22:32 AM
    Subject: Advertising on The Money Cafe

    Hi

    I was hoping to get some information from you regarding advertising on your site. I am namely interested in posting a guest article, and/or text links, but I am open to anything really. Would this be possible?

    I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for your time :-)

    Kind Regards,
    Chris
This was my reply:
    On 1 March 2011 00:45, Ernie Zelinski wrote:

    Chris:

    Regarding posting a guest article, I just agreed to this with some woman and I am sorry I did.

    The article she submitted is so lame, so generic, that I will be embarrased to have it on my website. Guess this is why my books have sold over 650,000 copies worldwide - because I create great content. Results don't lie, in other words.

    I have come to the conclusion that I have enough great content from my 15 or so books that is much, much better than 95 percent of what people are going to be able to create.

    Regarding placing a text-based ad, I normally don't accept text-based ads on the homepage of my websites.

    I do accept ads on other websites of mine, however. ( See some of my other websites below my signature).

    For example, in October I accepted a payment of net $193.90US (after deductions by PayPal) from Total Marketing for a one-year link to Retirement Jobs on the Real Success Website

    See the paragraph as indicated below with the link in "hearing aids":

    Incidentally, speaking of AARP, the organization claims to have found the secret to getting hearing aids into all the ears of the millions of baby boomers who need them, as market penetration rates continue to be lower than one would expect given the need. Of course, better hearing should help baby boomers keep their jobs longer or find a second career in retirement.

    A week later I accepted another payment of $227.88US net (after deductions by PayPal) for a text-based ad on the Retirement Quotes Webpage on The Joy of Not Working website.

    See the retirement quote at the top of the webpage as indicated below with the link in "hearing aids":

    One of the best hearing aids a [retired] man can have is an attentive wife.
    — Groucho Marx

    Incidentally, what I liked about Total Marketing is that they were professional and they paid promptly, unlike most of the companies or individuals who contact me about wanting to purchase text-based ads.

    If you would like to consider purchasing a text-based ad on any of my webpages similar to those purchased by Total Marketing, please let me know.

    Many thanks and so long for now,

    Ernie J. Zelinski
    Best-Selling Author, Innovator, and Creativity Consultant
    Author of the Bestseller How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 125,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages)
    and the International Bestseller The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 250,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

This is the response that I received from Chris:
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: chris
    To: Ernie Zelinski
    Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:25 AM
    Subject: Re: Advertising on The Money Cafe

    Hi Ernie

    Thanks for your detailed response, I totally understand what you are saying. There are some substandard people out there - this is a dodgy industry.

    Rest assured though, I am a man of my word. I was hoping to work with you on possible placing a homepage link on your Retirement Quotes Cafe site. Are you open to this idea?

    The most I could offer you would be $30 a month payment, which would be paid monthly via paypal subscription. We are looking to place the link indefinitely so we have no plans to remove the link whatsoever after any length of time.

    If you aren't familiar with paypal subscription, it's a great way to ensure we pay and that payment is sent to you without fail.

    I hope you can work with me on this and I look forward to hearing from you again.

    Kind Regards,
    Chris
This was my response to Chris:


    No comments: