Mar 6, 2011

My Retirement Websites Not Affected by Google Algorithm Change


The latest Google Algorithm Change has sparked a lot of interest and coverage by Internet Marketers and popular website-related media.

This was the comment that I posted on the blog post Google Search Engine Algorithm Changes:

    I agree that scraped content is stolen content and that it is good thing that Google is trying to rectify the problem.

    It is about time. People who steal content (and I have had a lot of retirement content stolen by people with really low integrity from my retirement websites and retirement blogs) are saying to the world that they lack integrity, class, and execellence and at the same time have absolute no creativity or motivation to create something that truly benefits humanity. Quite pathetic, wouldn't you say? It is because of people like this that the world doesn't work in better harmony as it should.

    I have not had any problems with my retirement websites due to the latest Algorithim change by Google because I have great retirement content on my retirement websites. In fact, for one of the most important search terms (retirement quotes) that has helped me sell over 125,000 copies of my book How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free, I have the #1 spot on Google, but I also have the #8 spot on the first page, and 3 of the spots on the second page. In other words, I have 5 of the top 20 spots on Google.

    For another important search term (retirement poems) I have the #1 spot and the #2 spot. And remember, I can't duplicate the #1 website to get the #2 spot with another website. The #2 spot by the way is a Squidoo page (Retirement Poems) which was not affected by the Algorithm change.

    I have a lot of other important spots on Google for important retirement search terms such as retirement jobs, my retirement plan, and retirement sentiments. How do I get these top spots on Google. As Seth Godin says, "Being average is for losers. Being better than 98 percent of the competition used to be fine. In the world of Google, though, it's useless. If you are not going to get to #1, you might as well quit right now."

    Ernie J. Zelinski,
    Author of How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 125,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages)
    and The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 250,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

Note: See How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free on Facebook:

No comments: